☆★UNITY★☆ 4 All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

☆★UNITY★☆ 4 All

☆★UNITY★☆ Guild Site

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Werefox Build [original author: Spots]

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Choopah
Choopah

Werefox Build [original author: Spots] Empty
PostSubject: Werefox Build [original author: Spots]   Werefox Build [original author: Spots] Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 5:29 pm

[original post by Spots - topic moved from old forum]

Werefoxy information, tips and tricks.,

So you have chosen the werefox, sexy and fun. You look awsome, get to tame cool looking pets. Now what? Learning to use the skills and pet effectively can make your leveling easier and your character more effective in game. Hopefully the compiled information will be of some use to the guilds growing werefox population.

Please feel free to ask questions, add information and tips. The information isn't complete and will be added to.

Pets

When you first have your wf, you will have 2 open spaces to carry pets. 2 really isn’t enough for a werefox’s collection, so there are quests you can take to open slots for your pets.

Backpack expansion one:

Description

The pet’s backpack size is quite a significant issue for Werefox’s, get 20 green grass or a pet cage, and give it to Pet Master Santuzza, she will help you to extend your pet backpack up to 3 row of space.

NPC

Pet Master Santuzza

Lvl Req.

Rewards

Extend your Pet Backpack to 3 row of space.

Find 20 green grass or a Pet cage, give it to the Pet Master, then you can extend your Pet's Backpack to 3 row spaces.

Backpack expansion two:

Description

The pet’s backpack size is quite a significant issue for Werefox’s, get 50 wild fruit or a pet cage, and give it to Pet Master Santuzza, she will help you to extend your pet backpack up to 4 row of space.

NPC

Pet Master Santuzza

Lvl Req.

Rewards

Extend your Pet Backpack to 4 row of space.

Find 50 wild fruit or a Pet cage, give it to the Pet Master, then you can extend your Pet's Backpack to 4 row spaces.

Backpack expansion three:

Description

The pet’s backpack size is quite a significant issue for Werefox’s, get 100 Ganoderma or a pet cage, and give it to Pet Master Santuzza, she will help you to extend your pet backpack up to 5 row of space.

NPC

Pet Master Santuzza

Lvl Req.

Rewards

Extend your Pet Backpack to 5 row of space.

Find 100 Ganoderma or a Pet cage, give it to the Pet Master, then you can extend your Pet's Backpack to 5 row spaces.

If you find that five pets still just aren’t enough, pet cages can be purchased from the Item mall for 5 cubis. Keep in mind that a riding mount will take up one of your pet slots.

Taming your Pets.

*first put pet on manual mode. This is one of the three little icons in the left area of the pet command menu.
*then select a mob you want to tame.
*send pet into attack. when HP of mob gets to half or lower, click on STOP on the little pet menu. This causes pet to just stand there and take hits.
*Heal pet back to full health, then cast your tame skill.

If it doesn't work, i just try to get HP of mob down lower next time

Must have pets

Golem for ground Molten Lava 487 965
Sawfly for sky Petite sawfly 344 346
Turtle for water Riptide 359 391

As all pets are not created equal, pay attention to the stats. Some just are all show, but have lousy point allotment. So becareful what you choose. The above are highly recommended to have as thier stats are the best of the bunch.

Here's a list of some of the better pets to choose from as well.

Rare pets

Gnosis Puppy:
Lvl: 20
Respawn. 12 h
C: 350, 750

Kitten:
Respawn: 12 h
C: 370, 690

Cutie Bunny:
Respawn: 1 h
C: 488, 100

Flying Piglet:
C: 408, 638 (air)

Bears:
Dodo Bear lvl: 20
C: 188, 766 – 200, 452

Great Dodo Bear lvl: 80
C: 660, 612

Frog:
C: 240, 555- 246, 571

*Note: The respawn time is from when it was LAST caught.

All class pets

All class pets are pets that are non combat and can be used by all classes. Mainly a status symbol, or just something cute to keep a character company, these can be made and sold.

To make see the granny in South Ancient Dragon City. Choosing Pet combine will show you what is needed to make the all class pets.

NPC: Golden Flower Granny 586 620
Antilope fawn
Ephyraling
Huggybunny
Silverfox
Baby salamander
Elysium

Legendary pets (not implemented yet)
Phoenix
Hercules
Turtle

Pet skills

Each pet captured comes with its own unique skills. As it grows, you may want to lvl those skills. Again, granny is the one you go to. To level your pets skills, go to granny and summon the pet you want to lvl up a skill. First buy Domestricates book 200k from the pet tools area. Once that is purchased, ask granny to learn pet skill. A list of what can be lvled up will appear. Select and learn.

Your pet is able to learn other skills then just the ones that came with it. To do this, the skill books must be purchased from Granny. Buy the skill of your choosing, summon your pet and then open the learn skill from Granny’s selections.

Naming your pet

Granny can sell you a pet chaplet for 10k. With this you can rename your companion.

How to use your pet to Lure or pull

Wf’s aren’t just pretty to look at, they are highly useful in game. By using your pet for luring, you can make your leveling and party skills, enviable to other classes.

Luring means to select only one monster out of a group and get it away from the mob that surrounds it. Some people think that casting a ranged attack one monster will bring only that one, think again, it bring the whole mess off them. That usually means fast running or certain death. With your pet, you can grab a single monster without the crowd around it.
Step 1 - Get ready
Stand completely out of range of the monters. Summon your pet. Target the monster, but do not attack. (Have your pet hot keyed. It saves having to bring up the “P” pet window and enables you to see what’s happening)
Step 2 - Pet attacks
Summon your monster to attack, but don’t attack the monster with your character. Click on the pet attack icon. Presto, your pet is running to attack the mob you selected.
Step 3 - Dismiss pet
Once your pet has hit that monster one time and one time only, recall it. To avoid your pet being killed in the mob, you need to resummon it. The monster it smacked around will remember this, and you, so it will come after you. It’s ok, we wf’s have a trick up our sleeves
Step 4 – Resummon pet
Immediately after you dismiss your pet, resummon it. Otherwise, that monster that you just ticked off, is going to come after you. With your pet there, you can fend it off. The wonderful part is its only ONE monster that came and not the entire group

Note* If your tank is a little slow and you have a faster back up pet. Use the faster pet to lure, then use the tank to finish off the lured beast.

Other stuff – If you are in a party, communicate when you are going to lure and when you are not. This gives your team the heads up as to your actions and the unknowing hero doesn’t try to save your pet. It also give the tankers in the party the heads up to watch and agro what is coming.

When pulling ranged monsters, make sure to pull it further then you normally would. So when you recall your pet, run a ways then re summon. This gets that runner that much further from other mobs it’s surely going to run into.

When in a higher dungeon, your job is to provide a steady (if possible) stream of monsters to be killed. So if your party has a good mix that can kill the mob, take heal your pet, target the next mob and bring it on in. That way, your party isn’t waiting around. Just be careful not to pull too fast, your you will be dealing with that angry monster all by yourself and putting your light geared team mates at risk.

Wf builds

naquadah wrote:

This is a rough guide for anyone who wants to make a WF and can't decide which build to make. I made this thread because I noticed that the WereFox section does not have a proper build guide although everyone always says, go search the forums for builds, there are tons out there. Indeed there are many but they are not organised. Which brings me to this endeavor. So please if you have any opinions post them here and I will edit my post accordingly.
I wouldn't mind a sticky too

Main WereFox builds:

Mage - Int/Con (Heavy nuker, heavy reliance on pet, easiest to play, weakest in pvp)
http://forum.perfectworld.com.my/viewtopic.php?p=125199

Light armor mage - Agi/Str/Int/Con (Average in everything, mainly mage nuker but weak nuke. Easy to play, good overall defence but weak in pvp due to low attack and no particularly good defence)
http://forum.perfectworld.com.my/viewtopic.php?p=125203

Heavy battle fox - Str/Con (Basically a werewarrior, full heavy set and melee attack, relatively difficult to play but very good in pvp, except against EA and sometimes mages at high level. Creation of Ellsie)
http://forum.perfectworld.com.my/viewtopic.php?t=5657

Hybrid mage - Int/Str (Mainly a mage but highly equipped for melee combat as well. Definitely for veterans but theoretically very strong in pvp because this build focuses on attacking the weaknesses of other classes. Theoretical because this build needs time to be tested further. My creation. Note: Please do not post here for the moment, I'm in the midst of writing a proper guide on my build. Thanks)
http://forum.perfectworld.com.my/viewtopic.php?t=10212

Dual armor hybrid - Str/Int (Mainly melee but equipped for magic combat as well. best defence of all builds because you bring along TWO sets of armor to be equipped accordingly. Hardest build of all to play but also best survivability due to its versatility. If played well, could be the best PVP build of all. Creation of sh1nob1)
http://forum.perfectworld.com.my/viewtopic.php?t=8634

WereFox Mechanics by Ellsie, if you want cold, hard numbers:
http://forum.perfectworld.com.my/viewtopic.php?t=7907
Back to top Go down

Werefox Build [original author: Spots]
Page 1 of 1